Trust, Estate & Fiduciary Litigation
Ulmer & Berne has assembled a team of trust and estate and litigation professionals to pursue or defend claims and controversies arising out of the interpretation and administration of estates and trusts for individuals and charities. Such matters are staffed with the appropriate professionals to best obtain the client’s desired results. This multidisciplinary approach has allowed Ulmer & Berne to achieve superlative results for our individual and corporate clients affected by such controversies.
Ulmer & Berne LLP is proud to announce that James A. Goldsmith, Partner and Chair of the firm’s Trusts & Estates Practice Group, will receive the Distinguished Advisor Award from University Hospitals in Cleveland, Ohio. This award honors Goldsmith’s commitment to his clients in aiding their generosity, foresight, and civic vision...
September 11, 2019
Ulmer & Berne is ranked in 39 categories in the 2016 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” rankings. Among these, the firm earns U.S. News – Best Lawyers highest rankings in 21 categories. The firm also ranks nationally in 16 categories. Firms included in the 2016 “Best Law...
November 02, 2015
“Michael Nathan Ungar | Ulmer & Berne LLP” Cleveland Jewish News January 15, 2015 Perennial Super Lawyer Michael Nathan Ungar considers settlement of a dispute embroiling Case Western University among his most memorable cases of 2014. Read the full article »
January 15, 2015
Ulmer & Berne LLP is ranked in 40 categories in the 2015 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” rankings. Among these, the firm earns U.S. News – Best Lawyers’ highest ranking in 23 categories. The firm also ranks nationally in 17 categories. Ulmer & Berne achieved a “Metropolitan Tier...
November 03, 2014
Ulmer & Berne LLP has been ranked within the top 10 percent of all law firms by The BTI Consulting Group, one of the nation’s leading legal industry research firms, in their recently published 2015 BTI Litigation Outlook report. The firm was selected as a “Litigation Powerhouse” and is named...
October 23, 2014
Ulmer & Berne LLP was named 2014 Ohio Firm of the Year by Benchmark Litigation at the second annual Benchmark Litigation US Awards held at the Essex Hotel in New York City on January 29, 2014. The US Benchmark Awards were based on a six-month research period involving extensive interviews...
January 30, 2014
- Successfully defended claims against an individual trustee for the embezzlement of funds.
- Pursued successfully the return of funds misspent by a fiduciary.
- Represented a trustee in connection with numerous business issues relating to the management and operations of real estate entities and manufacturing businesses.
- Sought judgment of the court in interpreting inadequate trust language in order to allow the fiduciary to properly administer the estate as was intended by the testator.
- Pursued the return of assets hidden by individuals, which were actually assets of the estate.
- Handled all aspects of Will and Trust contest actions.
- Defended fiduciaries against claims made to assets belonging to the estate or trust.