Ulmer & Berne’s private equity team provides timely, efficient, and effective legal services to our private equity, hedge fund, and venture capital clients. We also represent major institutional investors, including funds of funds. This experience with both sponsors and investors gives us strong market knowledge and a deep understanding of the critical issues in these transactions. We also represent both early stage and established companies seeking capital from private equity and venture capital firms.
Our experienced lawyers support clients across the full range of fund and financing models, including early stage and venture capital, to later stage equity, leveraged buyouts, and senior and mezzanine debt. We support and counsel our clients on all matters and challenges facing them, including:
- Fund formation and structuring
- Tax matters
- Securities and regulatory compliance
- Investments in funds
- Fund administration and transfers of fund interests
- Investments in portfolio companies and related issues, including creative deal structuring; providing corporate governance and special committee counseling; negotiating and drafting clear, thorough transaction agreements and documents; coordinating local or special counsel (nationally and internationally); structuring new transaction vehicles; and exit events and portfolio company dispositions
- Compensation and estate planning for principals and partners
As with or other business disciplines, the firm’s private equity team is integrated and multidisciplinary, drawing on our firm-wide securities, tax, ERISA, technology, and related business and transaction expertise to deliver the high quality legal counseling and service our clients expect.
Zachary D. Bahorik focuses on the needs of venture-backed and growth stage companies August 18, 2021 – Ulmer & Berne LLP is pleased to announce the addition of Zachary D. Bahorik to the firm’s Cincinnati office where he joins as a Partner in the Business Law Practice Group. An experienced...
August 18, 2021