Ulmer & Berne’s OSHA practice focuses on assisting our clients from the plant floor to the courtroom. Achieving compliance with federal and state workplace safety and health laws and regulations requires a specialized knowledge of subject statutes, the workplace environment and the governmental agencies and officials responsible for enforcement. Our OSHA attorneys have this knowledge and experience and are prepared to:
- Counsel employers to be proactive so as to reduce the risk of workplace hazards and the exposure to OSHA citations and penalties
- Conduct compliance audits of safety and health programs
- Manage accident investigations
- Advise clients during governmental investigations and actively participate so as to present the employer’s position at an early stage and potentially avoid costly contests
- Protect the clients’ interests in ancillary matters such as workers’ compensation and/or injury claims
- Represent employers before OSHA to attempt to negotiate a favorable resolution of a citation without proceeding to contest
- Defend cited employers before the Review Commission and appellate courts
- Represent clients who are charged with discriminating against “whistle-blowing” employees
- Conduct training programs both on the substantive requirements of pertinent regulations and on the practical procedures to be followed
February 16, 2022 – Ulmer & Berne LLP is pleased to announce the addition of Partner Joseph J. Brennan to the firm’s Employment & Labor Practice Group. Brennan joins the firm’s Cleveland office where he will focus his practice on representing employers in a wide variety of employment and labor...
February 16, 2022
December 21, 2021 – On late Friday, December 17, 2021, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit reinstated the U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL) rule that medium and large employers require their workers to be fully inoculated against COVID-19 or get tested every week. In a 2-1 published...
December 21, 2021