Since the dawn of the Internet era, clients have sought assistance and advice on a wide range of complicated eBusiness-related issues. Ulmer & Berne attorneys advise clients on structuring businesses, consummating transactions and dealing with legal issues arising from nearly every facet of the ever-changing eBusiness and e-commerce landscape. These issues include:
- E-commerce laws and laws, rules and regulations governing data security, banking, health care, and other industries heavily regulated in security breaches and data security
- All aspects of doing business online, via the public Internet or private IP-based networks, including Internet taxation and Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Domestic and international privacy and publicity issues, including the federal Electronic Communications Privacy Act, Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Employment policies for Internet and e-mail use by employees
- Federal and state regulation of the transmission of bulk e-mail, including federal Can-Spam Act compliance, and other unsolicited commercial e-mail
Ulmer & Berne LLP is named to the BTI IP Honor Roll as described in the “BTI Intellectual Property Outlook 2015: Changes, Trends and Opportunities in IP & IP Litigation.” BTI Consulting is a leading provider of market research for professional service firms. The BTI IP Outlook 2015 combines a...
July 08, 2014