Since the dawn of the Internet era, clients have sought assistance and advice on a wide range of complicated eBusiness-related issues. Ulmer & Berne attorneys advise clients on structuring businesses, consummating transactions and dealing with legal issues arising from nearly every facet of the ever-changing eBusiness and e-commerce landscape. These issues include:
- E-commerce laws and laws, rules and regulations governing data security, banking, health care, and other industries heavily regulated in security breaches and data security
- All aspects of doing business online, via the public Internet or private IP-based networks, including Internet taxation and Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Domestic and international privacy and publicity issues, including the federal Electronic Communications Privacy Act, Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Employment policies for Internet and e-mail use by employees
- Federal and state regulation of the transmission of bulk e-mail, including federal Can-Spam Act compliance, and other unsolicited commercial e-mail
Ulmer & Berne LLP is pleased to announce the election of three partners to the firm, effective January 1, 2020. This class of new partners includes attorneys with backgrounds in diverse legal disciplines and who reflect Ulmer’s commitment to providing sophisticated advice and counsel. “We are happy to welcome Kristin,...
November 20, 2019
“The Patent Game” helps readers maximize value while bringing their innovations to life Patent law may not initially seem like an ideal candidate for gamification, but that is the incredibly effective and novel approach taken in a new, easy-to-understand, and comprehensive guide to developing a winning patent strategy now available...
August 06, 2019
Ulmer & Berne LLP is pleased to announce that 11 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized by Cincy Magazine as Cincy Leading Lawyers. Attorneys selected as Cincy Leading Lawyers are considered to be the best in the Tristate area. Members of Greater Cincinnati’s legal community nominate their colleagues each...
January 31, 2019
Ulmer Partner Thomas M. Williams was recently published in both IP Watchdog and Westlaw Journal Intellectual Property on the Converse shoe design fight. In IP Watchdog, Williams wrote an article discussing the recent Federal Circuit Court of Appeals decision in the Converse case and how the decision highlights multiple obstacles...
November 20, 2018
Ulmer & Berne LLP is named to the BTI IP Honor Roll as described in the “BTI Intellectual Property Outlook 2015: Changes, Trends and Opportunities in IP & IP Litigation.” BTI Consulting is a leading provider of market research for professional service firms. The BTI IP Outlook 2015 combines a...
July 08, 2014