Health Care Consulting & Business Transactions
Why Choose Us
Business counseling in the health care field requires an in-depth understanding of the complexities of self-referral, anti-kickback, reimbursement, licensure, and privacy laws. We have substantial experience counseling on health care financing and investments, mergers and acquisitions, tax exempt status, corporate governance, physician and executive compensation, third-party payor contracts and reimbursement, managed care contracts, and more.
Our attorneys understand the business realities of operating in the highly competitive and regulated health care industry. Using our keen awareness of business law and the complex regulations governing the health care sector, we provide straightforward insight to help your businesses succeed in their transactions and reach their full potential.
Who We Assist
We represent a wide variety of health care clients, including: hospitals; health systems; single and multi-specialty physician groups; emergency and hospitalist staffing companies; long-term care providers, including skilled nursing and assisted living facility owners and operators; behavioral health providers; billing companies; preferred provider organizations; management service organizations; physician hospital organizations; clinics; nursing homes; pharmaceutical and durable medical equipment suppliers; ancillary service providers; and other entities in the health care field.
What We Do
Our team brings diverse and deep experience to every health care transaction. Recognizing the unique nature of these transactions given the rapidly changing business and regulatory landscape, we provide counsel to a variety of providers on a range of complex issues including but not limited to:
- Investing in ambulatory surgery centers, emergency room staffing entities, independent diagnostic testing facilities, and other imaging facilities
- Acquiring or merging with other providers
- Forming hospital-physician joint ventures or other joint ventures
- Financing new acquisitions and restructuring existing businesses
- Assessing various employment arrangements, stockholder/member arrangements, and corporate governance issues
- Environmental matters, restraint of trade issues arising out of managed care contracts, intellectual property, and governmental investigation issues
Ulmer & Berne LLP is proud to announce the addition of Counsel David E. Schweighoefer to its Cleveland office where he joins the firm’s respected Health Care Practice Group. For the past 30 years, Schweighoefer has provided advice to a wide array of health care providers helping them achieve their overarching business...
November 18, 2019