Banking & Commercial Finance
Ulmer & Berne’s lending and finance practice regularly represents national and local banks, finance companies, insurance companies and other financial institutions, as well as borrowers, in connection with all types and sizes of financings. Our attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience in commercial lending matters, including:
- Revolving, term, and other commercial lending facilities
- Secured lending transactions
- Asset-based lending transactions
- Syndicated lending and participations
- Acquisition financing
- Interest rate swaps and other hedging techniques and derivative transactions
- Real estate financing
- Commercial leasing and equipment financing
- Domestic and international letter of credit financing
- Loan maintenance, restructuring, and warrants
- Tax-exempt bond financing
- Floor-plan financing, aircraft and vessel financing
- Mezzanine financing
- DIP financing
Financing transactions often require experience in other areas of law. The attorneys in our banking and commercial finance practice work closely with the members of the firm’s other practice areas to address issues involving corporate law, taxes, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, environmental law, intellectual property law, securities law, labor law, and employee benefits. With the assistance of these other skilled lawyers, our lending and finance attorneys are able to structure financing arrangements and advise clients in a way that minimizes our clients’ risk throughout the lending relationship.
Congress voted largely along party lines to pass two bills on February 14 that impact the mortgage industry. The first consisted of a package of revisions to existing rules, including the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (“RESPA”). The second resolved an issue related to secondary mortgage market sales. TRID Improvement...
February 19, 2018
Chicago-based partner Alan Wolper has been named co-chair of Ulmer & Berne’s Financial Services & Securities Litigation Practice Group. Mr. Wolper joins Cleveland-based partner Frances Floriano Goins in leading the group. Mr. Wolper focuses his practice exclusively on the representation of brokers, broker-dealers and investment advisors. He defends regulatory investigations...
May 12, 2015