October 5, 2021 – Ulmer & Berne LLP and 14 of its partners received honors in the 2022 edition of Benchmark Litigation. Consistently recognized by clients and peers as a firm with skilled attorneys who handle complex, high-stakes litigation, Ulmer has earned Benchmark’s highest possible ranking – “highly recommended” in Ohio – for the ninth year in a row.
“This recognition from Benchmark affirms the exceptional client service and capabilities of this deserving group of attorneys and our firm as a whole,” said Scott P. Kadish, Managing Partner. “I’m very proud of our litigators for making a meaningful impact for our clients every day through their hard work, effective litigation strategy, and determination to obtain the best results.”
Following extensive research to identify the nation’s leading litigators, Benchmark honored the following Ulmer partners:
- John F. Bennett (Intellectual Property)
- Paul J. (PJ) Cosgrove (Product Liability)
- Jeffrey S. Dunlap (General Commercial Litigation)
- Frances Floriano Goins (Securities Litigation)
- Paul R. Harris (General Commercial Litigation)
- Steven S. Kaufman (General Commercial Litigation)
- Joshua A. Klarfeld (Product Liability)
- Linda E. Maichl (Product Liability)
- Amanda Martinsek (General Commercial Litigation)
- Daniela Paez (General Commercial Litigation)
- Jeffrey F. Peck (Product Liability)
- Frederic X. (Fritz) Shadley (Construction, Product Liability)
- Joseph P. Thomas (Product Liability)
- Michael N. Ungar (General Commercial Litigation, Securities Litigation)
For the eighth year in a row, Michael N. Ungar, Chair of Ulmer’s Litigation Department, was named to Benchmark’s list of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America, the group Benchmark considers to be the most elite trial strategists in their fields. Partner Frances Floriano Goins was also named to the list of the Top 250 Women in Litigation, marking her eighth consecutive appearance on Benchmark’s list of the top female litigators across the country.
Further, in its most recent issue of “Labor & Employment,” a study that honors the best and brightest law firms and partners who stand out in their labor and employment practices, Benchmark ranked Ulmer as a leading labor and employment firm and honored Partners William D. Edwards, Jeffrey S. Dunlap, Stephanie E. Harley, and Kip Schwartz as Labor and Employment Stars.
These awards follow Ulmer’s firm-wide distinction as Benchmark’s 2021 Ohio Litigation “Firm of the Year,” the fifth consecutive time the firm has achieved such recognition. Ulmer’s respected Litigation Department, which represents clients in courts and alternative dispute resolution forums throughout the nation, has earned this prestigious distinction six times in the past eight years.
Benchmark Litigation is the definitive guide to America’s leading litigation firms and attorneys, and is the only publication on the market to focus exclusively on litigation. Benchmark’s selection process encompasses several rigorous phases of research to identify the nation’s leading litigators and firms, including extensive interviews with litigators, dispute resolution specialists, and their clients, as well as analysis of the market’s most important cases and developments.