A diverse and inclusive team enriches the work environment for everyone and is a catalyst for the type of creative solutions we deliver to our clients with each opportunity. Recruiting, advancing, and creating a supportive environment for people of all races, genders, ethnicity, sexual orientations, religions, and backgrounds is important to us.
We are proud of our Diversity & Inclusion Committee, led by partners Inajo Davis Chappell and Timothy Downing (photo). [Video: Inajo and Tim reflect on what diversity means both past and present at Ulmer & Berne.] The committee focuses on education, professional development, and business growth opportunities for all.
Many of our attorneys have been recognized for their achievements, such as Inajo Davis Chappell being recognized on the Savoy Magazine’s 2015 Most Influential Black Lawyers list.
Participation in national conferences, support of law school organizations to expanding community involvement, we work to ensure that the values of diversity and inclusion permeate all facets of life at the firm. For example:
- Chicago-based associate, Booker Coleman, a member of The National Black Lawyers: Top 100
- U&B partner Timothy Downing, former co-chair of national board of directors, Human Rights Campaign – Washington, D.C.
- Firm sponsorship of Annual Human Rights Campaign Gala and Silent Auction – Cleveland, OH
- Firm sponsorship of 2014 National Gay Games – Cleveland, OH
- Firm sponsorship of Black History Month NPR underwriting on WCPN/WCLV-FM – Cleveland, OH
To learn more about Ulmer & Berne’s Diversity & Inclusion program, download our new brochure.