Regional Marketing Communications Manager
We are currently seeking a Regional Marketing Communications Manager as part of the Marketing team in our downtown Cincinnati office. The position works in the firm’s Cincinnati office to support client service marketing and communication requirements and provides insightful, strategic consultative services as well as implementation and execution of day-to-day marketing projects for the office. The Regional Marketing Communications Manager serves as a liaison between the Cincinnati office, the marketing department and other areas of the firm and acts as a resource person for questions and challenges from other departments, internal clients and external vendors/agency partners. Primary focus is on coordination and working with attorneys, support staff and marketing staff to determine the ideal regional marketing strategy. Also concentrates on flawless execution of internal and external communication efforts.
Job Duties Include:
- Develops and implements region-specific marketing strategies, identifying and promoting the firm’s differentiated expertise while increasing the firm’s visibility in the local market.
- Works closely with Cleveland-based Marketing Manager on business development efforts and cross-selling activities within the office and to other offices of the firm.
- Supports and assists Events Manager in planning and implementing regional events, seminars, sponsorships, charitable activities and client-facing social gatherings.
- Assists in implementing regional advertising and promotional schedule/calendar and community outreach programs; provides department and practice groups with frequent updates.
- Ensures that the firm’s overall marketing plan (digital, PR, communication) is implemented correctly, modifying if needed to accommodate local issues or sensitivities.
- Maintains awareness and high degree of knowledge of competitors’ expertise and marketing efforts, reviews research results, reads industry publications and remains abreast of all regional business developments.
- Provides support for Cincinnati-based attorney business plans.
- Coordinates with marketing department on implementing timely, accurate updates to intranet, Ulmer.com and social media sites; project management skills are essential.
- Focuses on results reporting, analysis and development of recommendations based on regional analyses.
- Communicates plans, project timelines and status with marketing department and other senior leaders as appropriate. Suggests alternatives to meet established deadlines when off course.
- Works closely with the Director of Marketing, providing local direction and requirements during the creative process.
- Must be solutions-driven, flexible and comfortable in a close team environment with a particular commitment to open, regular communications.
- Must have a willingness to go beyond specific job description to support broader marketing department and stay committed to projects through completion.
- Must be willing to accept feedback from attorneys, Marketing Director and Senior Office Administrator.
- Should have knowledge of individual tasks’ overall requirements without specific direction and be committed to follow-up.
- Should have experience and confidence working with all levels of attorneys and staff members.
- Desire to excel and thrive in a legal marketing capacity and fast-paced environment.
- Positive, helpful attitude including fostering same across all firm locations.
The ideal candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in business or marketing with a minimum of 7-10 years’ progressive work experience in marketing. Must possess proven experience managing outside agency partners, vendor and supplies in the creation of targeted benefit-oriented programs. Candidate must have demonstrated experience and expertise across a full wide range of marketing disciplines including websites, content management systems, social media and SEO. A self-starter with strong results orientation and the ability to work effectively under deadlines. Must have excellent communication and organizational skills; able to present information in a clear and concise manner; and is an effective speaker. Superior interpersonal, networking and teambuilding skills are an essential part of this job. A creative thinker; able to recommend creative strategies for differentiated programs that stand out from the competition. Also, a clear understanding of the principles of high quality client services. Occasional travel may be required.
Ulmer & Berne offers an outstanding benefit package with includes: medical/dental, 401(k) with employer contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability plans, and a generous paid time off policy.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the attention Human Resources at Ulmer & Berne LLP; 1660 West 2nd Street; Suite 1100; Cleveland, OH 44113 or online here.
Equal Opportunity Employer