We are currently seeking a full-time Litigation Paralegal as part of the Financial Services Practice Group in our downtown Chicago office. Under the direction of attorneys, the Litigation Paralegal will be responsible for assisting in matters resulting from financial services issues, including FINRA, SEC and other state regulatory matters.
Job Duties Include:
- Assist in trial preparation, witness preparation, and research.
- Prepare and organize all trial exhibits, files and all other supporting documents, coordinate trial set-up and logistics.
- Pull relevant documents, proofread papers, organize exhibits and create documents in preparation for trial and/or motion filing.
- Organize relevant documents for attorney review and case preparation.
- Conduct factual and legal research by interviewing clients and others associated with the case, looking through records, obtaining documents needed for the case and finding precedents.
- Prepare reports that may include reviewing and summarizing documents, summarizing progress made on case to attorney and filing documents per regulations to government agencies.
- Draft correspondence, pleadings, motions, briefs and many other documents needed in preparation for arbitration and/or court.
- Communicate with clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Maintain a database of documents from outside contacts or activities of a business, and keeping logs of projects and documents.
- Keep up with dates and deadlines.
- Create and maintain internal case databases, run searches on internal and external documents databases and systems.
- Categorize documents by subject matter, prepare chronology of facts and create productions charts.
- Conduct documents searches and factual research.
- Organize documents and coordinate document productions both manually and electronically.
- Perform routine office duties such as photocopying and scanning documents, and helping prepare them for court filings.
- Review and prepare material for storage or disposal once a case has closed.
An Associate degree or Paralegal Certificate plus three to five years of experience required. Experience as a financial services paralegal is strongly preferred. The position requires strong written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products is a must.
Ulmer & Berne offers an outstanding benefit package with includes: medical/dental, 401(k) with employer contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability plans, and a generous paid time off policy. Hybrid work schedule available.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the attention Human Resources at Ulmer & Berne LLP; 1660 W 2nd Street; Suite 1100; Cleveland, OH 44113 or click here to apply online.
Equal Opportunity Employer