IT Security Analyst
The security analyst plays a vital role in keeping the firm’s proprietary and sensitive information secure. He/she works inter-departmentally to identify and correct flaws in the firm’s security systems, solutions, and programs while recommending specific measures that can improve the firm’s overall security posture.
Responsibilities of a Security Analyst
The security analyst is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the firm’s digital assets are protected from unauthorized access. This includes securing both online and on premise infrastructures, weeding through metrics and data to filter out suspicious activity, and finding and mitigating risks before breaches occur. If a breach does occur, the security analyst will be on the front line, leading efforts to counter the attack.
The security analyst is also responsible for generating reports for IT administrators and business managers to evaluate the efficacy of the security policies in place. You will then help to make the necessary changes for a more secure network and may also create training programs and modules to educate employees and users on proper security protocols.
Furthermore, the security analyst is responsible for keeping the company’s security systems up to date and creating documentation and planning for all security-related information, including incident response and disaster recovery plans.
- Assist with ongoing information security and user awareness training programs
- Conduct security audits and compile responses to findings
- Prepare compliance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data
- Coordinate and participate in IT security projects
- Support the engagement of third parties to achieve cybersecurity program objectives
- Track and research the latest vulnerability and security trends, understanding impacts to our environments
- Maintain and audit asset inventory, including hardware and software inventory of all corporate assets
- Work with IT teams to manage and maintain patching of endpoints, security controls, security devices/appliances, Microsoft software, line-of-business applications, and other solutions used within the environment
- Operational support for information security tool alerts, triaging, and maintenance
- Execute on information security activities such as vulnerability management, application development security, business continuity, networking, risk management, etc.
- Perform first level incidence response and computer forensics activities
- Assess security controls and evaluate security posture of organizational internal controls
- Evaluate third party relationships for compliance to organization security standards
- Collaborate with IT department and Business colleagues to develop security programs as an Subject Matter Expert
- Researches security trends, new methods, and techniques used in order to preemptively eliminate the possibility of system breach
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert on information security related projects and initiatives assigned
- Maintain confidentiality on all sensitive security matters
- Monitor events and triage alerts across various security platforms
- Identify and resolve false positive findings reported by information security tools
- Monitor email and ticketing systems for security related issues and follow through until resolution
- Stay up-to-date with adversary tactics, techniques and procedures and IT news
- Administer various security platforms utilizing an iterative process improvement approach
An associates or BA/BS ideally in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering or Information Technology is required along with a minimum of 2 years of IT related experience. Previous experience working in a law firm or service industry is preferred. Must possess strong customer service skills along with the ability to diagnosis and solve complex software and hardware issues. Help Desk Ticketing systems a must. Must have industry recognized certifications in CISSP, GIAC, or similar (or achieve within one year of employment).
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and execute in a 24/7 environment;
- Maintain Security Standards in all aspects of the job;
- An up-to-date knowledge and understanding of your employer’s business and industry needs, as well as the technical demands;
- To recognize the importance of customer focus and/or of serving the needs of the end user;
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with staff who are not technically trained;
- The skill to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organization;
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize your workload;
- Strong understanding of computer logic in order to perform general computer analysis;
- Strong understanding of computers to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions;
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Operating systems and Office suite applications;
- Interpersonal skills necessary to train others in computer systems;
- Ability to communicate problems with supervisor as they become known;
- Must maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and customer service deliverables;
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills;
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills;
- Strong documentation skills;
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required;
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly;
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Exceptional customer service orientation;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is regularly expected to sit, use hands to type and feel, ability to talk and hear. Employee will occasionally stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 lbs.
Regular attendance is required.
Travel will be required in this position 25% of the time.
If interested, please submit your resume and a cover letter to:
Ulmer & Berne LLP
Attention: Human Resources
1660 West 2nd Street, Suite 1100
Cleveland, OH 44113-1448
To apply online, please click here
Equal Employment Opportunity