We are currently seeking an E-Billing Specialist who is primarily responsible for processing client bills, answers billing inquiries and assists in the monitoring and follow-up of related billing functions. The position must develop strong collaborative relationships with attorneys throughout the full cycle of client invoicing and ensuring optimal e-billing service levels.
- Submit invoices through the e-billing system and documenting progress within the BillBlast e-billing portal.
- Reviews newly opened client matters for assigned attorneys to determine if matters are available through e-billing websites.
- Monitor e-billing daily for new invoices and rejections.
- Ensures successful submissions of e-billed clients and assist with the resolution of any rejections.
- Assist attorneys, Billing Coordinators, and clients with day-to-day e-billing questions and concerns.
- Verifies that client setup, rates, and billing requirements are correct in the e-billing system.
- As required, submits rate requests to related vendor sites.
- Ensures that all tasks are done in accordance with Firm and client billing guidelines and policies.
- Work closely with supervisor and managers to resolve any e-billing or client e-billing issues.
- Provide updates regarding invoice status to Billing Supervisors/Director of Billing.
- Submit appeals and budgets in e-billing systems as requested and by deadline.
- Other accounting duties and special projects as assigned.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Must possess strong technical analysis skills and advanced Excel capabilities. Must have working knowledge of automated accounting systems preferably in systems such as Aderant and/or Elite. Experience with third party electronic billers highly preferred.
Must possess analytical and critical thinking skills requiring a comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles and practices in order to conduct detailed analysis of billing portfolios.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to utilize various vendor websites and BillBlast system for electronic billing.
- Previous experience with Aderant or Elite accounting system strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with either BillBlast or eBillingHub.
- Previous experience with third party eBilling vendors such as TyMetrix, Collaborati, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated, very detail oriented, highly organized and reliable, have the ability to multi-task with a high volume of work and work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and take initiative to assist as needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and accuracy are a must.
- Must be proactive, work well under pressure and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional and courteous communication with clients, attorneys, paralegals and staff are a must.
- Demonstrated experience using related accounting computer systems and Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Ulmer & Berne offers an outstanding benefit package with includes: medical/dental, 401(k) with employer contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability plans, and a generous paid time off policy.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the attention Human Resources at Ulmer & Berne LLP; 1660 West 2nd Street; Suite 1100; Cleveland, OH 44113 or click here to apply online.
Equal Opportunity Employer