Business Intake & Conflicts Analyst
We are currently seeking a Business Intake & Conflicts Analyst as part of the Risk team in our downtown Cleveland office. This position is responsible for the research, searching, identification and initial analysis of potential and actual conflicts of interest associated with new business intake, lateral hiring, and business development. This position is also tasked with continually monitoring, updating, and maintaining firm engagement, business intake, and conflicts data according to established firm business intake and conflicts policies and procedures to ensure internal database integrity.
- Research parties and perform conflict searches using Boolean search strategies for business intake, lateral hiring, and business development; review and analyze conflicts of interest reports to identify potential and actual conflicts of interest.
- Work closely with firm attorneys, staff, and the Business Intake & Conflicts Manager to gather more information relevant to matter status and potential or actual conflicts.
- Under the supervision of the Business Intake & Conflicts Manager, draft waivers for identified potential or actual conflicts.
- Assist attorneys and staff in opening new clients and/or matters.
- Ensure that all firm engagement data is accurate and up-to-date in internal databases, making changes as necessary in a timely matter.
- Prepare and sort documents/data sheets for the purpose of data entry.
- Assist in training and monitoring progress of business intake software users, providing additional training and guidance as needed.
- Respond to calls, emails, and workflow requests from firm attorneys and staff regarding the new business intake process.
- Assist with attorney onboarding and departures.
- Assist in developing and maintaining improved records within internal databases.
- Collaborate with information technology and accounting departments to create standard reports and procedures relating to automated data cleanup.
- Test new database systems by performing mock data entry tasks, identifying, and communicating issues.
- Assist in the development or updating of workflows and training manuals.
- Ensure tasks and special projects are completed within deadlines.
- Assist Business Intake & Conflicts Manager and Director of Risk Management with special projects as needed.
- This position may require the ability to adapt to new technologies and/or job duties as required.
Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school or bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience in business, accounting, or finance. Experience within a law firm or professional services environment preferred. Proficient in basic computer applications, strong research skills, and ability to conduct Boolean searches in a conflicts database. Experience with Aderant (or equivalent), iManage (or equivalent), Dun & Bradstreet (or equivalent) and workflows preferred.
Ulmer & Berne offers an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental, 401(k) with employer contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability plans, and a generous paid time off policy.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the attention Human Resources at Ulmer & Berne LLP; 1660 West 2nd Street; Suite 1100; Cleveland, OH 44113 or click here to apply online.
Equal Opportunity Employer