The Billing Coordinator is responsible for ensuring all aspects of billing are completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Billing Coordinator will work closely with internal and external clients to facilitate bill editing, transfers, write downs, rate review, accuracy of entries, bill preparation and transmissions, ebilling submissions, rejection management, etc. in accordance with client and firm guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Manages the complete billing process for a portfolio of assigned attorneys and/or clients, following firm and client guidelines, including but not limited to:
- Print, distribute, edit, prepare, and post firm pre-bills
- Work with clients and attorneys to implement client specific billing guidelines
- Communicate and address any invoice dispute issues as appropriate
- Set up all client/matter maintenance in time and billing system to ensure that the bill format requested by the billing attorney is in place, along with any client discount and ebilling information
- Handle all phases of ebilling in conjunction with the eBilling Hub software or by manual submission of invoices. This includes new timekeeper requests, rejection errors, reporting, etc.
- Ensure client and attorney preferences are appropriately considered
- Respond to requests from internal and external clients in a time appropriate manner
- Identify and escalate billing related issues to supervisor and work with supervisor to determine appropriate course of action
- Work with billing manager to set up/change billing guidelines on new or existing clients
- Maintain documentation of procedures, deadlines and other client and lawyer preferences related to billing and interacting with assigned lawyers/clients
- Other duties as assigned
Associates degree or equivalent related experience in business, accounting, or finance with a minimum of two years billing experience. Law firm experience and working within the Aderant and/or Elite systems is preferred. Must possess strong technical analysis skills and Excel capabilities.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- A commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors, and staff while maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement
- Strong, professional, communication both verbally and through email, as well as other platforms
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with experience in legal billing programs and ebilling vendors/websites such as TyMetrix, Serengeti, or BillBlast is preferred
- Ability to organize time, prioritize workload effectively
- Must possess strong critical thinking skills and an ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and high volume of detail at all times
- General accounting knowledge is preferred
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is regularly expected to sit, use hands to type and feel, ability to talk and hear. Employee will occasionally stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 lbs.
Regular attendance is required.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the attention Human Resources at Ulmer & Berne LLP; 1660 West 2nd Street; Suite 1100; Cleveland, OH 44113 or apply online here.
Equal Opportunity Employer.