We are currently seeking a full-time Benefits Coordinator in our downtown Cleveland office. The position will be responsible for the administration of the firm’s health plans. This is inclusive of day to day administration, yearly renewal negotiations and communications, vendor relations, and participation in special projects and research related to both the employee benefits function and to Human Resources Department operations.
Job Duties Include:
- Administer various employee benefit programs, such as group insurance, life, medical and dental, accident and disability, insurance, pensions, investments, and savings; and health maintenance organizations.
- Coordinate human resources procedures to initiate benefits such as disability insurance, medical and life insurance.
- Provide benefit orientations, enrollments, and claims processing assistance for all firm health insurances. Process and maintain all status reports and pay changes, both on computer and paper system.
- Timely and accurate processing of COBRA program including maintaining relationship with the vendor and monthly reconciliation for accounting.
- Prepare and maintain employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentially including unemployment claims, I-9 status and State regulations.
- Update and maintain employee files regarding the tracking of compensation changes and assist payroll with benefit deductions or changes in the payroll system.
- Handle and coordinate all employee incentive programs.
- Assist employees in filing health, dental, life, and all other related benefit claims.
- Implement new benefit programs as well as arrange and conduct employee information presentations and enrollments.
- Execute the yearly benefit open enrollment process through working with the benefit broker and effectively executing firmwide communications.
- Work with members of the HR team to resolve administrative problems with the health plan carriers related to the monthly billing process.
- Prepare and setup meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs.
- Create and implement firm health and wellness program through the assistance of health insurance provider.
- Administer and ensure compliance with state workers compensation programs.
- Own and maintain the HR related data within the firm’s HRIS, including making recommendations on improving the efficiency of the data.
- Create and maintain processes and procedures associated with related HR functions.
- Administer and manager the firm’s FMLA and leave of absence process, including working with payroll to ensure proper payment of short term disability or state funded benefits.
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Knowledge of firm policies/procedures & benefit package or the ability & willingness to learn.
A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field is required with at least 2-4 years of HR experience. Work within a law firm or service industry is preferred. Position requires strong customer service skills with the ability to speak in front of large groups. Strong written and verbal skills, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products and HRIS knowledge through ADP are preferred.
Ulmer & Berne offers an outstanding benefit package with includes: medical/dental, 401(k) with employer contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability plans, and a generous paid time off policy.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the attention Human Resources at Ulmer & Berne LLP; 1660 West 2nd Street; Suite 1100; Cleveland, OH 44113 or click here to apply online.
Equal Opportunity Employer.