Corporate M&A Transactions
- Represents owners, operators, and managers in complex mergers and acquisitions of long-term care businesses including skilled nursing and assisted living facilities and home care businesses throughout the United States.
- Leads negotiations for a variety of agreements, including but not limited to purchase and sale agreements, operations transfer agreements, management services agreements, investment documents, and complex shareholder, operating, and partnership agreements.
- Structures all aspects of acquisitions, including advising clients on equity and deal terms.
- Experienced in the counseling of startup, emerging, and closely held businesses.
- Advises clients on post-closing transactional matters including indemnification claims.
- Advised and represented not-for-profit entities in the sale and dissolution process, including leading a request for proposal process to elicit the maximum sale proceeds.
Outside General Counsel
- Assists clients with the negotiation and drafting of agreements, such as employment, independent contractor, administrative services, license, vendor services, marketing, and finder’s fee agreements.
- Advises and counsels health care providers and management service organizations by providing oversight with corporate compliance and risk management.
- Serves as outside general counsel handling a wide range of legal matters including formation, operations, and general business and commercial matters.
- Represents a medical management services organization that provides administrative services to a medical provider that focuses on providing business-to-business medical care and testing services to patients by contracting with employers, including COVID-19 testing.
- Acted as lead counsel for a large medical practice and affiliated management services organization located in New York and New Jersey on their day-to-day operations and growth from a six physician practice into a group practice with over 100 physicians that was valued at approximately $200 million at the time it was acquired by a private equity firm.
- Represented a large radiology management services organization in New York City in regulatory and compliance issues and structuring various agreements, which included managed care agreements.
- Experience with structuring transactions to ensure compliance with relevant health care laws, including without limitation, various state corporate practice of medicine (CPOM) and fee-splitting prohibitions, HIPAA, and federal and state Stark and anti-kickback laws.
- Reviews and advises on compliance issues relating to health care providers, including physicians, nurses, dentists, chiropractors, physical therapists, and mental health professionals.
- Guides clients on the complex New York regulatory framework related to the certificate of need process for approvals for skilled nursing facilities, adult homes, ambulatory surgery centers and diagnostic and treatment centers.
- Oversees the implementation and development of corporate compliance programs for various healthcare providers.