Key Federal Government Contracting Matters
- Preparation and resolution of certified claims in excess of a million dollars under the Contract Disputes Act.
- Recent successful resolution of a federal claim in excess of $1 million involving the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and U.S. Department of Labor.
- Recent successful resolution of a federal government bid protest filed with the U.S. Government Accountability Office.
- Negotiation with federal government agencies for amounts owed on federal contracts.
- Review and interpretation of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (“FAR”) in the context of federal contracts.
- Negotiation and review of federal government contracts between prime contractors and subcontractors.
- Representing general contractors and subcontractors in federal court litigation.
- Guidance as to mergers/sale of assets and the resulting assignment issues for federal contracts.
Key Litigation Matters
- Successful resolution of state government bid protests for small businesses as well as Fortune 200 companies.
- Lead litigator on $4 million dispute regarding falsified borrowing base certificates.
- Key member of defense team representing distributor company in opioid litigation.?
- Key member of trial preparation team for $100 million international business dispute.
- Successful resolution in an adversary proceeding of a surety in protecting its judgement lien against an avoidance action commenced by a debtor.
- Served as second chair in an adversary proceeding on behalf of a national supplier to the automotive industry.
- Representation of a national manufacturer of lawn care products in arbitration of a reinsurance policy.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in a breach of contract dispute between business broker and business owner.
- Served as second chair in jury trial regarding real property dispute in excess of $1 million.
Key Bankruptcy Matters
- Representation of several continuing care retirement communities in Chapter 11 proceedings to restructure their bond debt.
- Representation of a $400 million revenue Ohio hospital system in Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Representation of national surety, as a creditor in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy (N.D. Ohio).
- Representation of a clinical laboratory company in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy (S.D. Texas).
- Representation of official committee of unsecured creditors appointed in Chapter 11 for leading manufacturer of precision hot forgings in automotive industry (Delaware).
- Litigation and negotiation of multimillion dollar settlement for subcontractor in the Fontainebleau Hotel bankruptcy.
- Negotiating vendor settlements and trade term modifications on behalf of distressed clients.
- Drafting and negotiating Chapter 11 plans of liquidation and related disclosure statements.