- Advises clients on protection and enforcement of trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property rights.
- Performs trademark and copyright clearance and registration, investigates use of trademarks, and facilitates foreign filings.
- Conducts research, collects evidence, and drafts responses and filings for trademark prosecution matters including Post Registration Proof of Use Audits, trademark applications, and substantive responses to office actions.
- Drafts letters of protest, cease and desist letters, and co-existence agreements between businesses.
- Performs knockout searches for trademarks and polices the USPTO Gazette for similar trademarks.
- Composes research summaries and memoranda on a variety of intellectual property issues, including copyright and trademark law, international copyright law, brand acquisition, domestic and international maintenance and enforcement, data protection, and domain names.
- Prepares various litigation filings, including dispositive motions, memoranda in support, and other documents in complex IP litigation matters.
- Assists with the review and summary of discovery documents, and prepares and responds to discovery requests, including requests for production of documents, requests for admissions, and interrogatories.