- Assisted buyers and sellers in real estate transactions with negotiating and drafting agreements, title and survey review, financing, due diligence matters, leasing, zoning and land use issues.
- Represented landlords and tenants with leasing transactions in shopping centers, malls, and outlets, and on mixed-used projects, office leases, industrial properties, and apartment complexes.
- Acted as outside counsel for a private equity firm in commercial real estate transactions involving leasing and acquisition of telecommunications towers in multiple states.
- Worked with landlords and tenants, local government officials, and third-party vendors to perform due diligence, including reviewing and resolving any title, survey, zoning and permitting issues, and drafting all relevant real estate transaction documents.
- Drafted and negotiated loan agreements and ancillary documents, and worked with lenders and borrowers to review due diligence items on commercial loan transactions.
- As Ohio Underwriting Counsel for a national title insurance company, provided underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel and title agents related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments, policies, and endorsements; reviewed title, survey, organizational documents, insurance policies, endorsements and other legal documents to resolve underwriting and escrow issues in order to close and insure real estate transactions.
- As a fellow with the City of Cleveland, drafted and reviewed legislation, tax agreements, and real estate financing agreements including loans, grants, and tax incentive packages, serving as project lead for loan and grant portfolio totaling over $18 million.