- Obtained summary judgment, before incurring class-discovery expense, in putative statewide class action concerning insurer’s distribution of medical-payments benefits.
- On behalf of major utility, defeated class certification in lawsuit concerning air emissions at power plant.
- Won dismissal on behalf of title insurer in putative class action in connection with the “largest real estate scam in Maryland history.”
- Defeated class certification in action against custodian of self-directed IRAs holding properties in alleged real-estate Ponzi scheme.
- Obtained summary judgment, as plaintiff, on behalf of majority owner of IT company in corporate-control dispute.
- Represented tire valve distributor in defect inquiry by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Successful jury verdict on Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) claim defending railroad subsidiary of world’s largest steelmaker.
- Defended manufacturers and suppliers of valves, gas cylinders, electrical equipment, soldering equipment, automotive parts, road-marking equipment, and paint products in product liability and wrongful death claims across the country.
- Possesses substantial experience with federal multidistrict litigation proceedings and other complex, multiparty actions.
- Werner v. Progressive Preferred Ins., 2009 U.S. App. LEXIS 2995 (6th Cir. 2009)
- Fowler v. Ohio Edison Co., 2008 Ohio 6587 (Ohio App. 2008)
- Proctor v. Metropolitan Money Store et al., 579 F. Supp.2d 724 (D.Md. 2008)
- Moorjani v. Mid-Ohio Secs., 2008 Ohio 2727 (Ohio App. 2008)
- Trebilcock v. Elinsky, 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 38416 (N.D. Ohio 2007)